22 February 2016

Food: Spinach and Carrot Tortilla

I eat porridge every day through the week for my breakfast, it's quick, low-fat and filling, and I can shovel it in whenever I get a break in work.

So at the weekend I really do love to try different recipes, and well these tasty tortillas are quick, tasty, easy and low-fat. 

spinach and carrot wrap





Spinach and Carrot Tortillas

Ingredients 

2 Wholegrain tortilla wraps 
A large handful of grated carrot 
A large handful of spinach 
A small handful of low-fat grated cheese (50g)
5 cherry tomatoes sliced
2 tablespoons of red pesto

Method: 

1) Place the 2 tortillas on a flat surface and smear a tablespoon of red pesto on each wrap.

2) Sprinkle the carrot, cheese and spinach and add the sliced tomatoes. 

3) Place the second wrap on top, and place a plate on top, and press down to secure.

4) Place on a large flat tray, and grill under a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.

5) The trick is to use 2 spatulas to flip over, it's like flipping a pancake really. Once you do it once, you get the jist.

5) Remove from grill, and cut into 4 pieces.

6) Serve with extra salad, and some low-fat mayonnaise. 

This recipe serves 2 people, and is 7 Smart Points on Weight Watchers.

I wrap up the other half in tinfoil, and bring to work for my breakfast.

Knowing I am waking up to this for breakfast, well It makes Monday mornings a whole lot easier to deal with.




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These look so good definitely going to give them a go as I always struggle for work dinner ideas xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh they sound delicious, your photos are gorgeous! xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig