23 September 2016

Lifestyle: Getting Autumn Ready.

Autumn is my favourite season, I love wearing tights, boots and hats everyday, I love the darker nights, the cold crisp air, Halloween, Bonfire night, the whole lot, well it gives me all the feels.

I thought I would share some of my favourite bits and bobs, that pimps my Autumn"o" meter to the max.

autumn essentials


Dark lips & Dark Nails: They are the BEST! I have been getting shellac done lately as I use my hands a lot, and nail varnish is just not staying on long enough for me to justify me painting them myself, but from now right through till I see a daffodil, I will be requesting nothing but dark reds, purples, plums, greys, and black.

In regards to lips well It will be a whole lot of Mac Rebel, a delicious rich pink plum shade with a satin finish, it reminds me of a shiny bright berry, and it leaves the most gorgeous shine and stain behind.  Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty, well it is an all time fave. It is heading to the red/berry side of town, stays on for a very long time, is a matte finish, but has a teeny tiny bit of shine, it doesn't cling to the lip, and is so comfortable to wear. New additions are Kat Von D Lolita (A warm plum shade with a matte finish) and Illamasqua Box (A deep Scarlett matte red).


Candles: Personally I don't burn candles in the warmer months, it feels weird. So when them darker nights do come along I turn into an addict. My all time favourite Autumn/Winter candle is Jo Malone Pomegranate. I also adore the Bath & Body Works 3 wick candles, they smell amazing, last a good while and are super cheap for the amount of product you get. The only issue is this brand is not available in the UK, eBay have some stockists or My Mall will ship them to you. I haven't tried either so can't recommend, just sharing what i have read on Twitter and other blogs.

Libby's Pure Pumpkin: I go to Amazon, and I order all the pumpkin puree. I make pumpkin cakes, muffins and pie. If you have never tried it do not be afraid, it's amazing.  I have a recipe here which may give you some inspiration about how to cook with it, but trust me it is super easy to incorporate into most desserts. It works particularly well with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Skincare: When Autumn hits my skincare routine is pimped to a whole new level. With the cold air and central heating zapping the life out of our skin, it is time for the big guns. I always go back to the Clarins Multi-Active range (review here)  it is rich, luxurious, light and nourishing. It hydrates, plumps, adds radiance. It is basically a hug for the face.

Hot Baths: I am not a shower person anyways, but the colder months and a hot bubble bath are like a match made in heaven. (Until you have to step out that is). Carrying on with the whole Pomegranate addiction Jo Malone Hand and Body Wash is utter perfection. It does not create a whole load of bubbles, but it makes the bath water feel so soothing and nourishing and the smell, well once again it is screams Autumn in just one sniff.

What do you love about Autumn? Do let me know :o)

                               


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These all sound like lovely products, I love the look of all the lipsticks and haven't actually tried any of them but will definitely be adding them to my wishlist. I've heard that BnM have candles that are similar to the bath and bodyworks ones but I haven't tried either so I can't comment but I have heard it so maybe worth a look :) I also love dark nails for autumn, I like nude shades too, great post xx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you petal. I agree I love Nudes. Yes the B&M ones are I picked some up last week, and todays post is chatting all about the, weird, :o) xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE MAC Rebel, it's one of my favourites as it doesn't have to be super bold if you don't want it to be xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally wear it most days around this time of year. :o) xx

      Delete
  3. I love dark nail polish but I really have tried too many! I think I should branch out and try something different than pink or nude! Love the picks you featured especially the candles.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig