15 March 2017

L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation

When it comes to foundation, I tend to invest in high-end ones.
Over the years nothing I have tried compares, and even though I love Rimmel Wake Me Up and Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream the longevity of these products are not the best.

I personally find this the main issue with drugstore foundations. They just do not stay on my face.

When I seen bloggers and YouTuber's raving about the new L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Longwear Foundation and with a purse friendly price tag of just £7.99 I thought I would give it a whirl in the shade 'Porcelain". I have fair skin with a cool undertone, and my skin at the moment is normal, but dehydrated.

This product claims to offer high coverage, a matte finish all with a weightless feel.
It also claims to cover imperfections, redness and dark spots. It sounded like the perfect product for me, and I was hoping it was as good as it sounded.

Housed in a smallish, tall tube. I love the sleekness of the packaging, it makes it extremely travel friendly, and it has a generous 35g of product.

When I squeezed the tube I was a little taken a back by how thick and hard the product was.

I squeezed a little on the back of my hand and dabbed my Real Techniques Foundation Brush into it. This loosened the product, and it created a more creamy texture. It was still on the firm and thick side of town though.


I brushed the product onto my face, and again it felt very thick and firm. It's not a texture I particularly like. As the texture is so thick it took a while to blend in, It was very hard to work with. Not what you want when you are in a rush of a morning.

It did appear to cover redness and imperfections with ease. It also did not leave a harsh matte finish, which I was happy about. The product felt lightweight on the skin, a shocker considering how thick and hard it initially felt. So they are the positives. Now the not so positives.

I have tried this foundation with a setting powder and without, with a primer and without. Unfortunately after 4 hours it separates around my T-zone and gathers together in patches.
It makes my skin appear very shiny and oily, and it also oxidises slightly.

Yes, totally not a good look!

So another foundation bites the dust, and my quest for the perfect drug-store foundation goes on.

Have you tried this product?


     
                          
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I quite fancied trying this as I've heard people raving about it but it sounds like one to avoid for me X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no what a nightmare I only use it as concealer but I'm gutted it doesn't last. You NEEEED to try the Rimmel 25 Lasting Finish foundation- red cap as it's the longest wearing drugstore foundation ever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this too and I experienced the exact same thing. It is quite thick and hard to blend (especially with a beauty blender) I am going to try it mixed in with a lighter foundation though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this mixed in with something lighter for a dewy and long lasting base :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound like one for me if it can't cope with an oily t-zone, I dread to think what kind of clay covered monster I would end up looking like!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this a few weeks back and I really wanted to love it but I totally agree. It gives a lovely finish... for the first couple of hours then starts to breakaway. They could also do with having a few lighter shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame you didn't get in with it - have heard very mixed reviews x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I'm not the only one - I thought this was going to be amazing, but it took a bit to blend out and it really didn't last that long on me!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not tried this but think I'll give it a miss, I struggle with drugstore foundations too. I like the L'Oreal True Match foundation, my daughter recently bought a Rimmel lasting foundation & she loves it & it lasts. Great review lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't like this either as it was so thick and kind of stiff if you know what I mean? Blending was a pain and it looked patchy on my skin, hopefully we will both find the perfect drugstore foundation soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed this product. Just have to be careful or it goes cakey on me.

    Karen
    www.jinksybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig