12 November 2015

Beauty || Current Make-Up Loves!

I was pondering what post to write about next and whilst staring at my make-up bag ready to get the face of the day on, I had a light bulb moment! Current make-up favourites!

It's been so long since I last done one and they are one of my favourite posts to read, so without further ado I give to you.......




Benefit Hoola Bronzer A product I just don't rave about enough considering I use it every day and have done for the past 12 years! It's one of them holy grail products that I just don't big up enough. This bronzer is matte, matte, matte so no shimmer or sparkle. I lightly dust onto a blusher brush (pictured) and swoosh around my face, focusing on the cheekbones, outer perimeter of the face and down to the neck. (Yes lazy contouring basically)

I purchase two a year and that's me done!  Yup they last so long! A wonderful colour that's not orange and muddy looking.  It just leaves a natural golden hue on the skin.It stays put, and looks so natural and it`s not cakey at all. Big tip would be if you are pale or want a lighter bronzed look, dusting some of the product off first is key! 

Bourjois CC Cream This is used on good skin days which happen to be now! (Inserts Punch Emoji) I just love it. 

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Good skin in a palette, this concealer is incredible. It`s currently used to cover my Rudolph red-nose. Thanks Heyfever NOT!

Stila Lip Glaze In Jolly Another product that I haven't raved about enough. I have around 8 of these glazes and love them all so much. It was the gorge lipstick addict Stacey who recommended them to me. Good couple of Christmas`s ago now.  Super soft on the lips and non sticky. I find these don't sit on the lip, they really sink into it creating such a natural appearance. The brush and the twisty bottom makes application so easy, distributing just enough product over the lip. Jolly is a gorgeous glossy but quite sheer, baby pink peachy colour that smells gorge I could eat it.  They probably lasts around 2 hours on the lip, so I always have it in my bag for a top up.

Benefit They`re Real This mascara has cult status and it was a bandwagon I just never jumped on. If I was going to buy a mascara from Benefit then it would be BadGal another product that has been under my wing for 12 years now (yeah am old). But They`re Real is much better (says this through gritted teeth) The brush is a lot smaller than BadGal and you can really work it into the eyelashes without smearing it all over the eyelid (daily occurance for me). I didn't like the brush at first it was a grower, now I love. It makes the lashes look so much longer,fuller and the eyelashes really hold the curl. It`s a nightmare to get off so if you pick one up, get a decent eye make-up remover too.

Benefit Gimme Brow Ahhhh good brows in a tube! This is nearly running out and I need a new one ASAP. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder  I am just finding that it`s the perfect weather for this product. I have 3 other finishing powders open that I was using, but keep reaching for this. Says it all really. 

Real Techniques Stippling and Blush Brush New additions to the collection! Jai Adore! The stippling one had me a bit confused,(the smaller bristled of the two) what do I use it for? Cream blusher you all shouted over on Twitter! Oh wow. I am so hit and miss when applying cream blusher, well not anymore. This makes it fool proof! (Applauds the stippling and bows down to it).

The blusher brush I use with my beloved Hoola opposed to a blusher. Real Techniques are another brand with cult status, and when you try you will know why. They are so soft on the skin, distribute the product perfectly and are easy to clean as they are synthetic. Plus who wants to sweep animal hair over their face anyway? Bring on the synthetic brushes is my motto! Plus they are so easy on the bank balance. I really can`t fault the face brushes from the range.

If you had to pick 2 current make-up loves what would they be?


 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm gonna have to purchase this CC cream!
    I'm yet to try one :o

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with They're Real. I bought a full size, my first high end mascara and ended up crying because it was so clumpy and just a mess. It's not even a hot mess but plain, disastrous mess! And then I got a sample size of it and it was amazing! Wtf?

    And good call on RT stippling brush, I absolutely love it for my cream blusher, they go on perfectly. I still need to pick up the blush brush, many seems to love it too.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig