03 November 2015

Food || Greek Inspired Prawns!

I tried a really similar dish at my favourite Greek restaurant, it was 100% my inspiration when creating this dish.
This is a rustic and hearty dish,  low in fat and simple to make. A great dish to stick in the centre of the table and let people help themselves to.
My Nan and Granddad grow their own fruit and vegetables and gave me a load of fresh tomatoes, and well I could think of a better way to use them.
homegrown tomatoes

Baked Prawns
Ingredients:
150g of fresh tomatoes
100g King prawns
Smoked Paprika (Tablespoon)
A whole Garlic (cloves separated and added to the dish with skins on)
Fresh mint leaves
Frozen peas (50g)
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil (Tablespoon)
Soy Sauce (Tablespoon)
Teaspoon of sugar
Cheese of your choice, feta or mozzarella is my fave. (60g)
Method:
1) Roast tomatoes on low for around an hour with a splash of soy sauce, teaspoon of sugar, smoked paprika, clove of garlic bashed up, olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh mint.
2) Take out oven and spoon the whole garlic cloves and then add the prawns to the dish, scatter the sliced cheese on top and oven bake for another 20 minutes.
baked prawns
3) Take out of oven. Sprinkle some fresh herbs over.
4) You could serve with boiled  rice, sweet potato wedges. Or with some salad for a light lunch.
spicy baked prawns
Tip: Adding a whole chilli to the dish at the beginning will give the dish a spicy kick and have some fresh bread at hand to mop up the delicious sauce!
 Do you think you will try?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Never thought about making prawns greek, they look lovely!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, either did I till I had them in the local Greek :o) xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy. I'm not a masive prawn fan, I need to be in the mood for them, but this dish sounds like something I would love. KBxx
    www.beautybykaris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would work great with chicken or any type of fish also. xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig