05 July 2016

Food: Pea, Mint & Avocado Soup

Being a right little piggy at the weekends, I then try and lighten up my whole diet through the week. 

I made a big batch of this Pea, Mint & Avocado Soup last-night, and I plan to have it for lunch, at work. It took 5 minutes to make, and teamed with some Crackerbreads with cream cheese on, well I have a feeling that I ain't gonna feel one tiny bit deprived.

pea, mint and avocado soup

Ingredients:

200g of frozen peas
1 avocado
A handful of fresh mint
1 vegetables stock cube
1 and a half pints of water
Salt & Pepper

Method:

1) Pour the peas and water into a pan, and simmer for 3 minutes, with the stock cube.

2) Slice the avocado, and add to a food blender. 
(Smoothie blender will also suffice).

3) To the blender add the peas, salt & pepper and fresh mint. Blend for a minute.
 (May have to do it in 2 batches).

4) Serve, I add some of the peas, mint and a little sliced chilli, as I like a bit of heat.


pea, mint avocado soup


This is such a Summer friendly soup, as it doesn't feel heavy, or stodgy.

It just tastes, creamy, delicious and is so, so refreshing. 

Do you think you may try?

                                         
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig