26 October 2016

Beauty: Old Make-Up

It is safe to say I have a largish make-up collection.  I have one face, and I 100% got enough make-up to maybe cover 10, with this realisation - I put myself on a type of ban.

A: I have no storage left for any-more.

B: I have pretty much everything I need, and I am only buying because I like it, and put it this way I like a lot of things, and with Christmas around the corner, well it is time to knuckle down.

I have shopped my stash, and picked out some pretty old products, that I forgot about, found again, and loving.

old make-up
Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation: I bought this, really liked it and then stopped using it. The pipette dispenser annoyed me, so I started using another. I have been using this again this week, and the stupid damn pipette aside - I really love it. Full in-depth review here

Mac Strobe Cream: I bought this moons ago, I then found myself shopping online for a product exactly like it, then realised a full tube was sitting in my drawer. Applied before foundation, or mixed in with it, it adds a gorgeous glow to the skin and reduces dullness, I so need this type of product now the colder months are upon us. It feels so hydrating on the skin, and the tube lasts forever.

old make-up

Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty & Amazing Grace Matte Revolution Lipsticks: Again, browsing online at swatches I was all like "Oooooo they are so gorge for Autumn/Winter etc etc" then realised I have them. I have full reviews of both here I love to wear Amazing Grace in the day-time, and Love Liberty of an evening.

Mac Cranberry Eye-Shadow: When I first bought this it was love at first sight, I then tried it and it looked like my eyes were bleeding. Yup it scared the living day lights out of me, and it was chucked in my drawer, unloved and unused. I have been practising eye make-up application over the past couple of years, and I now love this. I dust it off in the colder months. A beautifully pigmented, shimmery cranberry shade with a frost finish, blends perfectly, with little fall out. It works particularly well with green eyes I love it packed on the lid, and teamed with a brown smokey eye.

Nars Deep Throat Blusher: A beautifully pigmented sheer coral shade. I love that this isn't as pigmented as some other shades I have, and it can be buildable to achieve a natural or intense look. It has a beautiful pink and gold shimmer running through it, and it adds such a gorgeous warm flush to my cheeks. Plus it lasts forever, I have around 4 Nars blushers and I have never hit pan on any of them.

Laura Gellar Bronze & Brighten Fair: I received this bronzer in a beauty box, I don't use it as a bronzer, I use it as an eyeshadow. This would so look like mud on my face if I did. But swooshed all over my lid, and the bottom lash line, well wowzers. The colours in the pan are a mix of iridescent pink and matte brown swirls. I love using it when I am in a rush, and I want to create a non-fuss, natural eye make-up look.


I really forgot about how much I loved shopping the stash, decluttering, using up old things, whilst saving money, what could be better hey? Well actual shopping is tonnes better, but ya know.

What old products have you dug out lately?

                                   






SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really need to do this, I am going to go through my make up and sort it all out, I need an everyday makeup bag and need so sort the rest out and use things more, I love the look of cranberry eye shadow but not sure it would suit me xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it so would it really is sooooo gorge. xxx

      Delete
  2. It's good to shop your stash every now & then! I did it a lot earlier this year & made some great rediscoveries! xx

    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing the exact same thing, and have rediscovered my love for the Benefit "Dallas" bronzer and the Mac Blavtrack fluidline. Both fantastic products hat have just been sat gathering dust, so have been using them a lot lately.

    zoea2812@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really been loving MAC Strobe Cream lately, especially with the colder weather! I think it deserves a lot more hype! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig