06 July 2016

Beauty: Kylie Lip Kit Koko K Review

So I finally got my mits on the Kylie Lip Kit in Koko K, I had been eyeing it up for a while now.

But I am gonna put one thing out there before I dive into the review, I wasn't overly happy when I was stung with a £11.97 Customs charge.

Kinda took the shine off receiving something I had wanted for so long, but off I went sulking into the post office, I waited in a long queue,  and then had to hand over nearly £12 to receive the parcel, well can you imagine the vibe?

kylie lip kit koko k

So why did it annoy me? The fact that some people pay a Customs charge, and some don't ( I never on my first Lip Kit). I think all American companies need to take a leaf out of Sephora's book, and add the customs charge at checkout, so the customer can see the exact total cost.  

Anyway's that is that point done and dusted, onto the product itself.

I was more drawn to Koko K due to it being a pink nude colour, and I suit these type of shades. Brown nudes, well unfortunately, I just look I am dead.

It's beautiful, this can't be disputed. The lip liner is super soft, glides along the lip, and has the most amazing pay off. The lip product is totally gorge. Described as a pale pinky nude, I do agree with this, but it has a bit of a punch,  it has a slight mauve undertone when you first apply it, and then it drys a little nuder.


Application is easy due to the long wand, and small soft applicator, this combo makes it easy to achieve a precise finish. The product feels super soft on the lip, and dries to a matte finish within 60 seconds. It's super, duper matte, doesn't feel drying, nor smudge, or flake. Plus it stays on for hours and hours, even when I eat and drink.

kylie lip kit koko k
kylie lip kit koko review

Personally paying around £30 ($42), for both products was initially fine with me, as you get a liner and lipstick, (only what you would pay in Mac), but with the £12 Customs charge added, well that brought my total bill to £42.

I love it, I will use it lots, but would I buy again? You know what, who knows? If I see a colour I like I probably would, as the product itself is pretty damn good.

As it is sold out, and well it ain't fair me raving on about how good it is,  if you wanted something similar, there are some pretty good dupes here that you can have a nose at. 

Do you have any of the Lip Kits? Would love to hear which ones you love, or have your eye on?

                                      

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I like the look of the Kylie kits, and some of them (such as this one) are beautiful shades, but I just don't think I could justify taking the chance of paying custom charges ha. I'm far too poor atm for that

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade on you! Gorgeous!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is gorgeous, but I completely agree with you about the customs charges. I won't order from the States & have stopped taking part in box swaps with friends in America because of the potential for customs charges. It's that unknown. I'd much rather pay a fixed fee on every parcel than not know when or how much I'll be charged. One of the things that has annoyed me about these lip kits is that there don't seem to be any ingredients available. So for those of us with allergies, unless we have a friend who has the same colour we want to get & can let us read the ingredients on the box, we can't get them. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig