15 February 2017

Mushroom & Pancetta Pappardelle

It's that time of year were the majority of us are pretty much battling some sort of cough or snotty nose.
The first thing I do when I have a cold is eat all the food, but I don't want to be spending hours cooking in the kitchen or piling the pounds on.

My body craves carbs, and pasta is my all time favourite carb.
I never tend to eat creamy sauces, an absolute travesty I know, but they can be so, so high in fat. I usually just opt for a tomato based sauce.
But a genius hack is that using low-fat Philadelphia and no oil, well this reduces the fat content in this dish lots.

Who says you can't have your cake (pasta) and eat it huh?

mushroom and pancetta pappardelle

Mushroom & Pancetta Pappardelle

Ingredients
Cooking & Prep Time: 10 minutes
(Serves 2)

150g of mixed chopped mushrooms ( I used Morals, Button, Shiitake and Portobello)
150g unsmoked lean pancetta
150g spinach
160g pappardelle pasta
240g Philadelphia light (garlic and herb)
30g fresh thyme
1 clove of garlic thinly sliced
Half a chicken stock cube
Half a mug of water
Teaspoon of salt & pepper
Tablespoon of parmesan

Method:

1) To a non stick frying pan add the mushrooms and pancetta and fry on a medium heat.

2) After 5 minutes add the sliced garlic, thyme and fry for 2 minutes.

3) To a pan of boiled water add the pappardelle and cook as stated on pack.

4) To the mushrooms and pancetta add Philadelphia, water and chicken stock cube and stir through, so a creamy sauce is formed. Add spinach, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.

5) Drain the pasta when cooked, and add the creamy sauce to the pasta.

6) Plate up and garnish with some fresh thyme and a sprinkling of parmesan.


I love how quick, easy and tasty this dish is.

Plus is there anything better than a humungous bowl of pasta?


                           


*Feel free to leave the pancetta out so this dish is suitable for vegetarians.



SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Ahh this looks delicious! Wish I liked mushrooms though I will jsut have it with pancetta :)

    Kenzie x
    LemonaidLies - Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of mushrooms but this looks so yummy. You are such a good cook!

    Annie | www.musingsofamakeupjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I love mushrooms so it's right up my street!

    Georgia x
    www.georgiahathaway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so delicious. You just can't beat a huge bowl of pasta with a chunk of crusty bread on the side at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok this looks SO good, I couldn't look at the photos for too long though as I am off the carbs and it's kinda killing me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I follow low-carbs too Laura, I really enjoyed this dish though was . areal treat. xx

      Delete
  6. Omg this looks incredible Ant! My tummy is rumbling just reading this. Your meals always look so beautifully presented too xxx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate mushrooms but your cooking posts always make me feel hungry! I love pasta.

    Amy - http://amyevans.blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im such a fussy eater. I wish I liked more different things!

    Karen x
    www.jinksybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love creamy pasta, especially with mushrooms!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds absolutely delicious, I love pasta too xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig