27 April 2016

Food: King Prawn Thai Curry Recipe

I love Thai food, Thai Curry is well known and well loved. I 99% of the time make my own stock, using low-fat coconut milk, thai curry paste, fresh ginger, chilli and garlic. I order my food shop online, and when delivered this week there was a tin of Asda Good & Counted Thai Chicken Soup. I never ordered it, so must have been a mistake and the little rascal jumped in my bag -but I was intrigued to see that it was only 4 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers for the whole tin. 

thai prawn curry recipe



I decided to use it as the base for a quick prawn curry.

I also added sweet potato noodles opposed to normal rice or egg ones. The sweetness was much welcomed against the heat of the broth.

King Prawn Thai Curry

Ingredients:

10 King Prawns
60g of noodles (any that take your fancy)
2 crushed garlic cloves
A thumb size of sliced ginger
A teaspoon of chilli flakes
Tin of Asda Good & Counted Chicken Thai Soup
A handful of dark green sliced cabbage
Half a sliced red onion
Half a fresh lime
Salt & Pepper
A handful of parsley or coriander

Method:

1) Add the tin of soup to a pan, with the sweet potato noodles. If not using sweet potato noodles, leave egg or rice noodles till the final stages.

2) Let the soup simmer on low for a couple of minutes. Add the prawns, garlic chilli flakes, cabbage and red onion and stir and simmer for a further 2 minutes

3) Add egg or rice noodles at this stage, and simmer on low for a further 3 minutes.

4) Ladle the broth and noodles into a bowl, top with the sliced ginger, squeeze the lime over and garnish with parsley or coriander.

I love how quick this meal takes, all done in 10 minutes and a one pan job.

With the sweet potato noodles this dish was 10 SmartPoints. As always this dish can be cooked by anyone whatever the eating plan you may be on, if any.

Do you think you may try?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig