05 January 2017

Tips To Help You Sleep

I think we all at some points in our lives have phases of struggling to drift off to the land of nod.

Not gonna lie, I am like a bear with a sore head if I don't get a good eight hours, and being the sleep fiend that I am I thought I would share some of my tips.

sleep aid
Pink Himalayan Bath Salts: A couple of people recommended that I try pink Himalayan bath salts. First off they look so magical. Yeah like something Harry Potter would throw in his cauldron. But these are extra special.
The salts contain 84 minerals and vitamins, that our own body produces, the salt structures are that small that our cells can absorb them, and reap the health benefits. There are an array of health benefits that include: reducing cramp, increasing bone strength, supporting healthy respiratory function, naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns, and many more. You pour half a cup full in your bath, and swoosh them about and stay in the tub for 20 minutes. As soon as I have a bath with these babies all I want to do is be carried to my bedroom and curl up in bed, as my whole body feels so relaxed and floppy.
Winner!
I thoroughly recommend them.

*Misfit Cosmetics Slumber Natural Sleep Aid Lavender Oil: The Lavender plant is well known, and specifically linked to how relaxing its scent makes you feel. I drop a few (a lot) on my pillow, or into a bath and the scent really does help me to feel calm and relaxed. Buy here

Freshly Washed Bedding: Setting the scene is a must, clean fresh bedding and Pjs, and a candle with a light relaxing scent flickering away in the background. Ahhh even the thought has me yawning!
Plus in all honesty is there anything better than fresh, clean bedding and Pjs?
(Oh and do remember to blow out the candle).

Pamper: I always find a sheet face mask the perfect companion as I am settling down for the evening. It makes your skin feel so hydrated and nourished, plus you don't have to wash it off. I am currently typing this with the Garnier Moisture Bomb Pomegranate Tissue Mask on, it's really lovely, and costs a bargain £1.

Reading: Ditching the mobile phone is a must, all the scrolling and social media stalking over stimulates the mind, and makes you feel agitated and restless. Delving into a good book ( with your face mask on, obvs) will leave you feeling super relaxed, and help you on your way to feeling naturally tired.

I hope this was a little helpful, and some of these tips will help you if you are struggling to naturally drift off to the land of nod.

What are your tips for getting a good nights sleep?

                             



*Gifted Items featured in this post.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Perfect nights sleep right there! I always sleep better after a tech-break and a long bath! I find putting on a podcast with a really soothing voice really helps too!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo yes listening to music or podcasts is so relaxing. xx

      Delete
  2. I don't sleep at all, my medical conditions mean I grab 15/20 minutes here and there throughout the night and I am always tired out, it is horrible and I would give anything for a good nights sleep :( xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading posts with tips on good night's sleep - there's never enough of them! I used to have such bad nightmares and in general just crappy sleep and it took me years to get out of that. You have picked some of my favourite tips here!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using detox salts in my bath, and I swear by the ThisWorks Deep Sleep Spray xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig