01 February 2017

Roasted Red Pepper & Bean Chilli

I love to have meals ready in the freezer for when the lazy bones in me kicks in.
Every month I try and make a big batch of this veggie chilli and freeze it.

It is great added to wraps, rice, cous cous, or in a jacket potato.
It is so quick, easy and cheap to make - plus it tastes ahhhhmazing.

Roasted Red Pepper & Bean Chilli

Serves 4.
Ingredients:

2 red bell peppers
2 tins of mixed beans
150g mushrooms
8 cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls of spinach
Half a red onion
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
2 crushed garlic cloves
250ml passata
Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Teaspoon of chilli flakes
Half a lime
Salt & Pepper
Handful coriander
Teaspoon of olive oil.

Method:

1) Slice the 2 red peppers in half and place on a baking tray on 180oC (gas mark 6) and roast for 15 minutes.

2) To a frying pan add the olive oil, mushrooms, red onion, and tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes on a low heat.

3) Add the beans, passata, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, spinach and salt and pepper to the mushrooms, onion and tomatoes, cook on a low heat - stirring occasionally.

4) Removed the red peppers from the oven, and slice into thin strips.

5) Add the bean mix to what ever you fancy, and then add the sliced red peppers on top, and squeeze some lime and sprinkle some coriander over.

The sweetness of the red pepper works so well with the smoky bean chilli.
This serves four, and I usually split the portions into tuppaware and freeze for a rainy day.

Optional:
(A dollop of sour cream is also delicious, and some sliced green chilli sprinkled over).
                     



SHARE:

25 comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE a vege chilli and agree, it's so good to freeze and make in a big batch for the lazy evenings! Will be giving your recipe a try next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the same thing, it's nice just having something ready when you can't be bothered to cook! Yours looks delicious!

    Amy - http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of freezing this at the start of the month! I bet this would be amazing on a jacket potato but, to be honest, I could probably eat a huge plate of this just as it is.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow this looks incredible! I could so do with a plate of this right now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chilli and this looks divine! My youngest daughter is vegetarian and this would be great for her too xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I have a mass amount of chilli in my freezer too but a veggie one looks fab!

    Kenzie xKenzie | LemonaidLies - Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a huge fan of chilli (too spicy) but I would totally make this as a stew just without the spices.

    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of course, I am a spice fiend. But so could be done without them. Maybe some mixed herbs. xx

      Delete
  8. This looks so yummy! I love chilli but I am not a huge fan of kidney beans / mixed beans etc. I don't even like baked beans haha. So it I recreated this I would leave them out. Looks super comforting and hearty though - perfect meal on a cold evening

    Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes jam packed with veg maybe and chickpeas? xx

      Delete
  9. Your posts always make me hungry and I love chilli! Really want to try this. Some fab pictures :)

    Annie | www.musingsofamakeupjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good - veggie chilli is always delish xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum this sounds delicious! I need to print this one out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab idea for a post. Fab pic.

    Karen x
    www.jinksybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so tasty! I'm not a big meat eater so I'm definitely going to try this!

    Georgia x
    www.georgiahathaway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig